On my bus ride back to Managua from Esteli last weekend, a rooster decided to roost right between my feet. At first I didn't know what to do. I looked back at the mother and two kids in the seat behind me, who were apparently the owners; however, they just smiled back at me. Then I tried nudging it back under the seat with my feet, but it kept creeping back. At least it didn't peck at me. I got a little braver and pushed it back with more authority. It returned. Eventually I gave up. The kids had some trouble getting it out from under my feet when they reached their stop. It started squawking and pecking, but finally they got in the sleeper hold (upside down by the feet).Wednesday, November 26, 2008
What would YOU do?
On my bus ride back to Managua from Esteli last weekend, a rooster decided to roost right between my feet. At first I didn't know what to do. I looked back at the mother and two kids in the seat behind me, who were apparently the owners; however, they just smiled back at me. Then I tried nudging it back under the seat with my feet, but it kept creeping back. At least it didn't peck at me. I got a little braver and pushed it back with more authority. It returned. Eventually I gave up. The kids had some trouble getting it out from under my feet when they reached their stop. It started squawking and pecking, but finally they got in the sleeper hold (upside down by the feet).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment