Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Recent pics

I didn't have my camera with me last week when Camilla, Trine and I went exploring during Dia de los Muertos. I also felt too self-conscious to join in with the FSLN festivities, while my Norweigian friends hopped aboard a pick up like the one below...

Last week before the elections. Both the FSLN (Sandinista party) and the PLC (Liberal party) spent the evenings hollering for hours in large caravans. With 70% of the population Sandinista, the FSLN caravan was by far the largest and longest.
Another shot from the caravan.
A particularly colorful gravesite at the local cemetery. Traditionally families pay their respects to their loved ones by painting and cleaning their graves and then celebrating on top of them.
A couple of painters taking a break, lying on top of the deceased.
Trine selling cotton candy. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time, and I imagine that the Nicaraguan spectators hadn't either.

No comments: