Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Cuartet

After my adventure to Pochomil, I came home in time to shower before heading over to a German-Nicaraguan library in the neighborhood. Interestingly enough, there is quite a German presence here, mostly in the form of non-profit organizations such as this one. Ernesto, Gloria, Jean (known as 'Juanita,' who is a nun who lives next door and has become a close friend of mine) and I drove over in Ernesto's taxi to watch Garry, Douglas and their friends perform in a small concert.

Here I am with Jean and Gloria. Jean always cheers me up when I need it. She has a very cheerful disposition, but is also very sarcastic, pragmatic and witty--not the stereotipical qualities of a nun, I know.
I was really impressed by this cuartet. Garry is on the far left playing the oboe, followed by Roger, one of their close friends that I know well, playing the violin, and then my faithful guide Douglas playing the viola, and then another guy (who I don't know) playing the...bass (right?). They played a piece by Motzart that was absolutely beautiful. It seemed so fast and complicated to me, but these guys looked like real pros.

No comments: