Monday, March 2, 2009

Pool Party

On Saturday, Trine, Camilla, Gwen and I had a pool party in the backyard. Trine constantly notes American stereotypes, so we were supposed to have a "typical college party," with red cups and drinking games. We had to adapt all aspects of the party to make it Nica style. We found white cups but no ping pong balls for beer pong. We threw cordabas (Nicaraguan coins) into white cups of water and took swigs off of our mojitos instead. We roasted hot dogs, and Gwen and I taught the Norwegians how to make smores. Trine and Camilla dressed in awesome 80's garb (i.e. fluorescent bathing suits, huge, plastic earrings, and large sunglasses), but have refused to allow me to post any pictures. I swear that it wasn't just me at the party...

Here I am playing modified beer pong. I'm wearing the FSLN hat that my host family in La Trinidad gave me on Friday. It was very sweet of them; however, I cannot wear this thing anywhere because it isn't exactly "politically objective." Also, my host mom, Aura Lila, told me that the hat makes me look more "elegant." ...Note to self: If a baseball hat makes me look more distinguished, my personal appearance has reached a new low.

2 comments:

The Mamma said...

HA! I'm still laughing over the hat! Maybe you misunderstood... or their idea of elegant is somewhat skewed... :-)

Anonymous said...

You are seriously amazing. I love the new hat!! At camp those were a life saver, especially when jumping in the lake was a shower some weeks :o)
I MISS YOU!!!