This cute little guy is my buddy, Hector. He and his family live across the road from Gloria and Ernesto. He'll be 3-years-old in a few weeks and we're planning on having a cake and a little fiesta for him. Hector is very precocious and loving and makes me laugh every day. He says that I'm his girlfriend ('novia') and blows me kisses through the window when I'm reading.
Here are Hector's young parents, Hector, Sr. (nearly everyone names their first children after themselves, which can be confusing at times) and Faviola. I think Faviola was 16-years-old when she had the niño. The dad works as a supervisor at a gas station, and Faviola stays home to watch Hector and her niece, Greysee ('Gracie'). Little Hector looks sad because he wanted to take the picture himself. (No use explaining that he can't take the picture with himself in it...)
The two chaps on the left are friends of Garry´s (to the right of them). Douglas, Garry's best friend, is on the far right. Douglas has become my faithful guide and personal interview advocate. He's spent three long days with me already helping me interview school principals, teachers, and Citizen Power Council members. His generosity is absolutely amazing!
These two sisters are friends of the family. Little Wendy on the right has to be one of the cutest babies that I've ever seen.
Here is Wendy with her mama, one of Gloria's close friends who lives in the neighborhood.

No comments:
Post a Comment