Here are Roger, Garry, Douglas, Manuel and Anna during their benefit concert, which was held at a local church. Anna described each flute before the guys played their respective instruments. It was a wonderful combination of musical education and a concert.
.jpg)
Here's the group after the concert. The guys dedicated their last song to me. It was very, very touching.
Some future music students watch eagerly as the guys perform.
Some of the future music students outside after the concert. I asked them if they were going to play too. They all cried, "Si!!!"
Douglas, Garry, Manuel, Milton and Josue put on a little music concert for the teachers and children at Los Carinositos before we handed out the food baskets and donuts. Here is Douglas teaching the kids at the preschool about the different types of flutes..jpg)
Practicing outside beforehand.
Roger playing the guitar that we bought with your generous donations. We got a great deal on a CD player too, so that the guys can play music for the children as an important teaching tool.
Here we all are with the guitar and new music stand. They are all so excited about starting classes in January for the children in Douglas' neighborhood. They thank you so much for your generosity and ask me to send their regards to you and your families. Happy Holidays!!!
2 comments:
I came across your blog while searching something about Nicaragua. I was born in Matagalpa and still have family there. I commend you on your studies and for helping the folks there!!!
Thanks so much, Andrew! I really appreciate your message. (I would have replied sooner, but I just saw your comment. I'm still new at this whole blog thing.) I am planning on visiting Matagalpa soon. I have heard wonderful things about that place...Take care!
Post a Comment